Thursday, May 5, 2011

Ernie Gertzen Update

After graduation from Fridley I went to the University of Minnesota and Mankato State before joining Naval Aviation Reserves for six years.

Married in 1965 and got a real job with Twin City Die Casting Company. I got a great promotion, after taking accounting classes, as production cost accountant and later a sales correspondent with T.C.D.C. Co.

I purchased an existing American Italian restaurant in Hopkins after leaving T.C.D.C. in 1970. We had a daughter in 1970 and lost a child shortly after birth. We were divorced in 1974. I met Patti Crocker in 1978 and dated her off and on for 14 years (unable to commit). We married in 1992.

The restaurant was sold in 1985 after which I earned a real estate license and specialized in the medium and small business market for Calhoun Realty (Mpls) for 18 years.

Pattie and I moved, part time recreationally, to Sturgeon Lake in 1994 and full time in 2000. I joined United Country Real Estate in 2003 and have been selling recreational/hunting properties, country homes and lake shore since then.

Patti is a great mother and my partner for 18 years. She is a regional sales manager for Clear Vision Optical (New York). She manages and coaches 14 sales representatives in 10 Midwest states.

Hobbies have been outdoor recreation, a pretend farmer, hunting, dog training, raising pheasants and music. We have three children and four grand children. The grand children are learning to drive the pontoon boat and love to swim and fish from our dock.

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment